Ah, the cover letter. It’s a pivotal part of any job application and can make or break your chances of getting the job. It’s also the one piece of an application that gives you the chance to really show off your personality and stand out from the competition.
But all that hard work can be for naught if you don’t know how to close a cover letter.
Don’t worry, though! We’ve got you covered. Here are some tips to help you close with a bang and make sure your cover letter gets noticed:
1. Thank the employer: Thanking the employer for their time and consideration is essential. This shows that you are appreciative of the opportunity and have respect for their position.
2. Summarize your qualifications: Use your closing to summarize the qualifications you have that make you the perfect fit for the job. This is your last chance to make an impression, so make sure your qualifications are front and center.
3. Show enthusiasm: Show the employer that you are excited for the opportunity to join their team. This will make you stand out from the crowd and show that you are genuinely interested in the job.
4. Include contact information: Make sure to include contact information so the employer can reach out to you if they are interested.
5. Keep it short and sweet: Your closing should be no more than a few sentences. Make sure you get your point across without rambling. Closing your cover letter is an important step in the job application process.
Follow these tips and you’ll be sure to make a great impression and increase your chances of getting that dream job!
Magnus is the CEO and Co-Founder of Cowrite. He is an experienced entrepreneur, copywriter and columnist. He lacks all sense of direction but enjoys it (life is more exciting that way, he says) and has the word “Hi” tattooed in Swedish on one of his toes.
Vi behandlar personuppgifter och använder cookies på vår webbplats i enlighet med vår Integritetspolicy. Vissa cookies krävs för att ge dig åtkomst till webbplatsen, medan andra används för att uppgradera din användarupplevelse och är frivillig att acceptera. InställningarSpara ditt valAcceptera alla